It's a lovely thought, isn't it?

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I wish I could say that over the past couple of days my mind has been consumed by the revolution happening in Egypt or my endless list of important to do's at work or even my clean laundry that needs putting away. But, with a clean conscience, I cannot. That's because my mind has been consumed with this.



Good old fashioned serial killer drama. I think I'm a little behind the times, but this show is fantastic. Adam and I have been hooked. And it feels good. It's kind of our thing- a sick obsession with some outrageously fictitious series. Smart shows with intricate story lines. Vying for a spare sixty minutes at any point throughout the day or night to squeeze in just one more episode. Calling the characters by nickname, as if we just hung out with them last night. As if they are just a phone call away or we are going to be meeting them at Fido for an Americano in just a few. "Dex" is a special one. He's so so seriously disturbed and.. I mean.. a murderer. But you forgive him and love him and root for him nonetheless.

We began this silly break from reality long before we technically started dating (we refer to this time as "The Dark Ages," and this is something I'll refrain from explaining.) We fell in "like" during this phase:



We fell in love during this phase:



We were really bored during our True Blood phase. Our Office phase comes and goes. Our Arrested Development phase is never ending and often used as a filler between the other phases. Our Real World phase.. oh wait, that was just me.

I'll state this so there's a chance you'll believe it, and (mostly) to make myself feel better about the way I've portrayed myself and my relationship here tonight: I share a lot more with my man than just television shows, okay? This is just one of our favorite things to do together: diving into a crazy story, having heated discussions over plot theories, character flaws, and questions over details that are never addressed. And then, sometimes, we go out in to the real world and actually experience real things together.

Come on, we're American, right? You know you love television, too. And your series of choice is most likely Jersey Shore. So quit judging.

Hey! Guess what. I've also been reading a little.



This book is beautiful so far.
I'll leave you with that.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment